Translate

Monday 18 May 2015

Update On The Research!

I went through all my research sections tonight and started answering all the questions I had for each one, and even tried to think of any more before moving on to the next. I've been able to narrow it down to 4 questions I still have. Here they are:

1. Airlines, I've looked around and realized one important thing, outside of Canada I don't know anything about different airlines. If anyone has any information about best airline for cheap flights for Europe, Asia, pretty much anywhere outside of North America, that would be very helpful. Or buses or trains if it's better to get around that way in some parts as I've heard it is.

2. Travel gear. Any helpful tips on simplifying essentials, like what to bring, what not to worry about,
and the best ways to pack them or types to pick up (like light weight travel sleeping bag, towel etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

3. Cell phones. It seems now a days roaming is becoming more common and I'm sure I'll be able to make up some sort of plan with my provider, but if there's a particular company that specializes in travel plans or if grabbing a pre-paid from place to place is better then switching phones may be in order.

4. Money (of course). one thing I'd like to get a bit of information on is where I should look for getting currency exchanged while traveling Europe and Asia. Sometimes banks, or at least the right bank, aren't always available and I want to stay clear of using machines or paying with credit cards too much. I'm planning on having a thorough sit down with my bank before this trip but any tips are greatly appreciated.

Oh, one last thing. Send me your favourite places to go train when out and about! There's a long time before beginning this odyssey but it's never too soon to start making friends in new places!    

No comments:

Post a Comment