Translate

Sunday 26 July 2015

Let The Mini Odyssey Begin!!

I'm all packed up and about to go out the door!

Everything is planned and is looking good, this is going to be one awesome vacation!

So I pulled out my old hiking backpack, an Outbound 65L, and packed it with 3 gis, clothes for 4 or 5 days, shower gear, and all the training gear, electronics and miscellaneous items I could need for this trip and still have a sizeable amount of space left over for souvenirs to pick up along the way. This serves as a great test run for the real Odyssey training journey to weed out what I don't need and figure out what I do need and how to better pack it. Here's a pic of the test run of packing everything up, I actually brought a few more small items along and was able to get my new second super light weight gi from BJJ Globetrotters instead of bringing along a couple heavy woven gis, which I highly recommend getting if you want to travel and train with ease.

   
So the plan is to head over to Gibson's BC to our affiliate, Tidal BJJ, and the Kokodo Jujutsu dojo to visit the Jiu-jitsu family for a week of good times and great training. If you're ever in the area check them out, and if you're not it's a great place to vacation, check out their FB page: Tidal & Kokodo.

Then, next Sunday, I'm off to Kent, Washington to visit Prof. James "300" Foster's club. This giant of a man has always been awesome whenever he has visited us, following him on FB has shown me he's always a stand up guy both on and off the mats with a (even more so)huge heart. Check him out if you're ever in the area, its more than worth it! FB page here: Foster Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Finally, I'm off to our head instructor, Prof. Keith "Rhino" Owen's club in Meridian, Idaho. This guy is awesome and I can't wait to meet more of the "Rhino Crash" and train with them and learn something amazingly mind blowing in life from him as I always do when he visits. Here's the Prof.'s club: Ultimate Karate & Jiu-Jitsu

I'll be updating the blog as I go with pics, stories and insights. In case I don't find the time to update properly here, be sure to follow my Instagram and Twitter pages @pandasodyssey and my FB page: Panda's Odyssey  

No comments:

Post a Comment