Translate

Monday 7 August 2017

New Panda's Odyssey Shirts!

New Features To Come and New Gear To Support The Odyssey!

Whenever I get the chance to I like to work on new shirt designs for my Teespring Storefront. Since I'm very limited in my abilities to transfer my designs to actual products with a Chromebook while using unreliable internet while traveling it's been a slow process. I have a sketch book with a number of drawings I will one day make into shirts so keep and an eye on the storefront, in the meantime I've made a few designs and published them to help with the Odyssey. Before you ask, I'm not just asking you buy a shirt to help me travel and train 'paying for my 'vacation', I'm looking to pick up a Go Pro and make more videos as I travel, train, and check out sights. I made a test video below in what I'm looking to do more of for each stop. The camera I have now is very basic in it's abilities and although it's all I need for making interviews, a Go Pro would be much better for a number of reasons, better picture, more versatile and waterproof to name a few. I know there's probably a few of you reading this right now saying "I told you so!" and yes, I should have bought a Go Pro from the start instead of being cheap, just another case of live and learn. So anyways, Go Pro's aren't cheap and I don't have enough followers on my Patreon Crowdfund to cover an expense like this to add to Panda's Odyssey, so hopefully a few of you out there will buy some shirts to support the Odyssey so I can continue to travel and make more videos like this first test video of Chisinau Moldova.


This is a first try, more playing with effects than adding content. Future videos I'd like to walk around and see the sights with my hosts so I can get more information of the city. I also want to make similar videos for training, my friend T-Son does awesome videos of his club, Leading Edge MMA in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada, training and rolling together. I've been a fan of his video's from the first one I saw and I've always told him that's kind of what I want to add to covering my journey. Now it's time to do just that. But first, let's sell some gear to cover costs, so with that, here's the new designs I made!

PANDA! V2.0 Shirt



I re-designed the PANDA! shirt and added a black top option as well for all those asking for one. This is the first design I made for Panda's Odyssey and I'll always be keeping it around, tweaking it here and there. It features the Panda on the front, 'PANDA!' across the chest and the website address on the back. If you're a fan of the Panda logo then this shirts for you! As it is with every shirt, each one sold helps me on my journey across the world, traveling, training, meeting cool people, seeing awesome sights, making videos, taking photos and telling you all about my experiences so you know where the good, and not so good, places are!

White Panda! Top
Black Panda! Top

Panda's Odyssey Logo Shirt



Here's a new design using a layout that seems to be popular with shirts lately. The website in small print over the left chest and the patch logo design on the back. It's a simple but effective design, I really like seeing clubs with this option in their gear collection. There are three designs for this one, white shirts, black shirts with white background logo (Version 1) and black shirts with black background logo (Version 2).

White Panda's Odyssey Top
Black Panda's Odyssey Top V1 (w/white background)  
Black Panda's Odyssey Top V2 (w/black background)

Meditating Panda Shirt



This is a shirt idea that I really like, it's something that's been stuck in my head and I finally made it real to share with you all. The key to my traveling and being open to experiencing all the adventures that come my way, both the ups and the downs, is keeping a positive mind. The Meditating Panda symbolizes this. I embrace all the adventures and know that what ever I go through will only make me a better person and the greater the adventure the greater the story I will have for all you following me.

But I wasn't always this way, I didn't always have this 'Yes, let's see what adventure awaits for me!' attitude. There was a time where I was closed up and shut in to experiencing new things. When I first started this journey, just the idea of it and the planning out and researching everything, I was quite lost and depressed in my own little world. The original idea was to travel around and end with studying at the Shaolin Temples to find inner peace and belonging in this world. The idea was that this would be my last attempt at finding where I fit in. I would still love to spend some time studying in the Shaolin temples but as I researched and planned out this Odyssey the goal and shifted. I found the online Jiu-Jitsu communities and saw that I was not the only one wanting to travel and train, in fact it was quite a regular thing to do and thought as the 'true Jiu-Jitsu life' On top of this, as I made changes in my life to be more positive I started to come to training more and my club I trained at became my home, my family. The Odyssey switched it's motivation, I already found my belonging and inner peace before even starting my journey, it was on the mats training with everyone. The new goal was to go out and meet everyone, all the cool people just as passionate about the art as I am, who use Jiu-Jitsu to get through the day, week, month. I wanted to meet all the people that started Jiu-Jitsu for any number of reasons and share their stories, and my experiences meeting them as I see the world.

Fast forward to being on the road for several months and starting to reflect on the Odyssey and how much things have changed, how much Jiu-Jitsu pulled me up even before starting the Odyssey and how much my Jiu-Jitsu has changed since I've started traveling. I remember thinking at one point '3 years ago me would lose his shit at this situation' that's when this idea came to me, a play on a famous phrase from a popular anime 'This isn't even my final form..' now to me means I am constantly changing, evolving, growing with every experience and adventure I go on. How we change depends on our reactions to those experiences and although none of us know what our final form will be I for one am looking forward to the ride getting there! This is something that is in a lot of meditation styles and, more pertaining to the physical form, body builders and fitness trainers. Idea that you're not who you were last week and you won't be who you are now in a week from today. I find reminding myself of this keeps my mind open to experiencing the world, keeping the positive energy up and letting go all of all the negative around me. I hope there's many out there that this idea, and this design, speaks to, whether it be in the Jiu-Jitsu clubs, gyms, on the yoga mats, or just sitting on the bus or car in traffic, we're all growing each day.  

Help support Odyssey so I can continue to bring you more stories of my adventures around world where I continue to grow as well as meet people on their own journeys and  bring their stories to you.

White Meditating Panda shirts
Black Meditating Panda shirts

Options, Options, Options!




If you haven't already clicked on the links to check out the shirts you can see by the picture above that it's not just shirts I've put the design on, there's hoodies and tank tops, V-necks, girl's T's and unisex tops, there's options for everyone, or so I hope. Check them all out at Panda's Jiu-Jitsu Store on Teespring!

Thanks for supporting the Odyssey!

Until next time,
see you on the mats!
OSSS!!

WAYS TO SUPPORT PANDA'S ODYSSEY!
Sign up to the Panda's Odyssey Patreon Account.
Buy Panda's Odyssey Patches at The Gi Hive.
Buy a shirt at Panda's Jiu-Jitsu Store.
Follow me and other traveling Jiu-Jitsueros at the BJJ Globetrotters blog section.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Check out my full photo albums for each article at my Flickr account.
Add me and follow along on most social media @pandasodyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment